29 October 2008

~ in the city now ~











well..i managed to get through all the insane traffic out there. we left harrison this morning and here we are in vanvouver..yep in the heart of the city...ACK! whoa..so many buildings and sky scraperz here! and we're on the 12th floor over lookin all them cement blocks ~ a little scary up here..but, i'll survive. don't think i like heights too much! so wish me luck up here!
took a few pics at harrison..can't edit them much here..i'm limited with the programs on dh's laptop ~ but, at least i can share them with ya. and ya'all know we're famous for our maple trees and leafs here ~ so, i took that pic of dh's hand over top of one ~ big heh!
hope all you chickies are havin a scrappin happy hump day! i sure am missing my goodies ~ but, heh..me and my laptop will be checkin out all your blogs and seeing what you've all been up to.
that lo up there is of my dh. that waterfall is at harrison. i blew that pic up to an 8x10 ~ raised it with pop dots ~ the pp under it was wrinkled, distressed and machine stitched on. the weeds on the left side of the lo are stamped, colored and handcut for placement ~ i added some ribbon, stickles, bling and bg rubons for embellies. yep..that place is * the perfect prescription*













6 comments:

Jackie said...

I think I wanna go to Harrison Springs now. :) Great Layout Mel.. missing you.

Belas Creating Place said...

Melody: These are such beautiful pics. The layout is wonderful. Enjoy your time there, it looks so peaceful and thanks for sharing your trip with us.

Hugs, Bela

ms318i said...

kewl pics sweetie. wow can't believe how big that maple leaf is........

and you say you miss your goodies........if you can make a layout like that with the limited amount.....i say no more ! beautiful page !

and the 12th floor.........omg how scarey lol you chicken ! lol

p.s you're a fantastic blogger girl !

hey bikerboy !

Sophia said...

what you needed hey...

Pinky said...

Oh girl you have been scrapping your heart out! I miss you so much!
LOVE that leaf! Thank YOU for coming by my blog! I was like....AWWWW!!! IT's MEL!!!!!!!!!! woohooo! Now i can add yout o my list! (big hugs)

TraceyT said...

Holy Cow...that leaf is HUGE! Great photos! Love that LO. The title on the photo is very effective.

I miss you, too!!