23 November 2008

~ please read on ~

i wanted to post this lo. i did it for a scrappy sista over at hywwp ~ rita. she lost her son ~ due to an accident..at such a young age. her and i pm'd each other ~ i got all the info and put together this lo and sent it off to her ~ in memory of her son. i have never met the woman IRL, but we've formed our own special bond..talking on-line. how special is that! the journaling is my own..and formed by only information i recieved from rita. i go into my pics so so often and look at this layout ~ it is an important reminder for me, as to just how important *family* is ~ and that each day should be spent to the fullest. i can only imagine what rita has been through..and my heart is with her always. i have also watched how the ladies have given so much support and love over at hywwp throughout this past year or so, since his passing..and it totally amazes how we can all come together in love, even though we may not have met in person. i know through my own experiences that ALL my on-line scrappy friends have been a God sent and have ALWAYS been a support ~ given encouragement and shown so much love ~ and for that..i will forever be grateful.
the journaling reads:
I don’t know if I’ll ever have the answer to why God called my son at such a young age. Why he chose ‘him’, but I am thankful to have had such a wonderful opportunity to tangibly touch such a beautiful face, to touch his Hands..to feel ~ and to see his smile..so entrancing.I’m thankful too, that I was able to play and dance and sing with him. To see his talents begin to blossom…To grow ~ To laugh with him and see the silly little quirks he’d express. To watch his hurt and see him have the glimpses of learning to let go. To be able to cry together and show the true emotions of love. I sometimes feel so much hurt and at his loss and sometimes I just want to scream. Sometimes I wish I could turn back the hands of time. Sometimes I just want to have him stand in front of me so I could say ’i love you’ just one more time. But I know God has better plans. God knows best and God has given me an angel. An angel that sits above with outstretched wings. An angel in waiting. An angel that enfolds his wings around me with love and tenderness at every passing moment. A perfect angel..my son. I may have many tears..till the day we meet again, but till then..I have a perfect memory of his laughter, his love, his touch ~ and of the lives he’s touched. And now my angel..has the wings to fly because my angel believed.
SO..TO ALL MY ONLINE SCRAPPY FAMILY ~ THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR LOVE AND SUPPORT ~ FOR YOUR FRIENDSHIP AND SOMETIMES A SHOULDER TO CRY ON ~ FOR YOUR LAUGHTER AND FOR JUST BEING YOU ~ THE BIGGEST HUGZ EVA!
Photobucket

18 comments:

Dawn said...

Sob - Oh my word Melody the tears are rolling down my face reading those words...Melody what a lovely touching thing to do for a special friend - that's the beauty of crafting it brings so many people together who otherwise would never meet, and I am so glad I have met you...
There is an award for you on my blog.

The layout is so beautiful - the flowers are dreamy. I love it.

Hugs
Dawn

Katt said...

Thanks for posting this Mel. It is nice to have a reminder once in awhile to just hold your children close. This is an amazing LO for Rita and her family, thanks for putting the journaling here.

Roe said...

Mel, you were (are) such a sweetheat for doing that gorgeous and heartfelt layout for Rita..hugs my friend....

Jenny said...

You are an angel yourself, Mel, for doing this special layout for sweet Rita. I know she loves it and will cherish it always. Thank you for being part of our "family" at HYWWP! ((BIG HUGS))

ms318i said...

mel......i remember this layout and it stll brings a tear to my eye.........

i can say that even though we haven't met in real life.......we are real close and our friendship means so much to us........

love ya sweetie

Rita said...

Oh Mel, bless your sweet heart.
I am so honored that you made me this beautiful layout and I will forever cherish it. You are such a dear friend and I have so enjoyed our friendship. I love ya sweetheart and I only hope that one day I can give you the biggest real life hug ever!!!!

Lots of love
Rita

Shirley said...

What a wonderful lo and tribute and what an amazing person you are! This online world has made us all friends that words cannot describe!

Bee10 said...

Mel this is fab
Barbara

positively lisa said...

Mel, I know how very very much that LO means to Rita, and it was such an incredible gift you gave to her. Thank you so much for being such a personal and scrappy inspiration to me and for being a great friend! I hope one day to add you to the list of online friends I met in person! HUGS!!

Dolores said...

I love this layout, love your journaling too!

ALLY said...

You are one amazing friend Mel! And that's why I have nominated you for a special award. See my blog!

melody said...

thanks SO MUCH ladies for all the wonderful compliments..but, *above all* ~ your friendship! you all mean the world to me

and wow ~ it so great to see ya here barbara ~ my scrappy friend from england ~ big hugs chickie!

and ally ~ you're a sweetheart..thankx chickie!

creative said...

Beautiful journaling Mel...that is a very special layout you created.

Chrissy D said...

WHat a beautiful tribute to your friend and a beautiful page! You have a great talent! TFS!

Susan said...

That is an amazing piece of artwork in my opinion! I'm so glad that you were able to do something so meaningful for a friend!

Thank you for your comment on my blog!
Blessings and Light
Susan
Lil' Bit of Ink

moralia said...

So heartwrenching.. I can only imagine the pain. This must be such a wonderful keepsake for her, Melody!! It's absolutely breath-taking!

melody said...

wow ~ thankx so much ladies..you're all the bestest eva! how touching

jonaks said...

you know I always loved this lay-out of yours.