31 January 2009

~ TYI ~

~ our gd ~ (granddaughter)
the journaling on the lo reads: funny ~ entertaining ~ artful ~ lively ~ graceful ~ charming ~ beautiful ~ loving ~ affectionate ~ you
yepperz ~ got scrappy happy again ~ and did the challenge over at ~ Tag You're It ~ for this week, which is to scrap a tag using purple. yep..the hardest color for me to scrap. ACK! don't know what it is about that color ~ i just can seem to get scrappy happy with it ~ anyhoo..i just had to give the TYI challenge a go this week ~ and *just do it* ~ pretty happy with the outcome..and beleive me..i had to scrounge for that color of pp..don't have much of it! the blueish background was purple pp, spritzed with turquoise glimmer mist and then stamped ~ with added pearlx. the image is stamped on purple pp then touched with blue and purple watercolors. the layout is of our precious granddaughter ~ the bird (at the top of the lo), centre strip and chipboard are stamped with ~ Layers of Color ~ stamps. the flowers and bird are handcut with added stickles.
well..that's it for the scrappy goodies ~ tired this evening ~ yep, gonna veg tonight ~ blog it ~ and catch up on everyone and see whatcha been creating. hugz
Photobucket

23 comments:

Miss Mustang said...

Girl, you sound like someone after my own heart. Just cruisin' thru blogs and found yours. I am sort of a "scrapper"; right now making couch covers out of old curtain material that someone gave my mother. Glad she didn't get rid of it! I try to be creative and have had some success with hand work projects. I would love to visit Canada!

Jackie said...

I love that tag, so beautiful. fabulous LO too!

Sarah said...

Well I think you did a fabulous job with the tag - it's beautiful as always.

Thanks for joining in with the challenge again this week!

stamp and scrape said...

Lovely tag Melody - and a great image you've used.
Ros

ms318i said...

what can i say mel................STUNNING work as always !

you rock girlie....

hugz to bikerboy

Carol said...

Gorgeous tag Melody - I really love how you do your ribbons gonna have a go at that myself!
Lovely tag - love the image....
Great LO too...
Thanks for joining us on TYI this weeek................

Kath said...

another stunning tag Mel...love the background and your gorgeous image....love the LO too..my fave black and white...and thanks for joining us this week at TYI
Hugs Kath xxxx

TraceyT said...

I just love your attention to detail.
Hope all is well.

Dawn said...

Hiya Melody!
Woah! Another glorious tag - it's just so beautiful and the image is brilliant.
Thanks for joining in again with our challenge
Hugs
Dawn
xx
Your layout is amazing too - I just love B&W and all the intricate details - Siigh!! So beautiful

Sophia said...

Awesome as always Chick...

Sue said...

Great tag, luv the image, lovely blog, well done on getting your Nikon, cant go wrong with a Nikon, have fun playing with it, sue.x

Rosie said...

You are so funny! And for someone who doesn't 'do' purple you made a fab job of that tag... *grins*
Now your LO is a-maz-ing! I love the handcutting and your GD is gonna steal hearts! Beautiful scrappy happy work!

Sue said...

Hi Melody
no probs you copying my eagle hun glad you like him, i luv them.sue.xx

Pinklilac said...

Hi Melody Thank you for visiting my blog and leaving such nice comments. I think your purple tag is beautiful my favourite colour.
Hugs Linda

Laura said...

Some of my favs here, Melody!! Marvelous!

Dolores said...

Melody that ATC card is gorgeous, and that layout is truly amazing. I love all the details. Beautiful work as always

Bee10 said...

Beautiful as always Mel
Barbara

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Gorgeous creations Mel! Love the elegance of the black and white, fabulous work with the LOC stamps. :)

Sandie said...

Wow,love your Tag, the colours are fabulous.

Hugs Sandie x

Joan K. Demers said...

WOW Melody! Gorgeous work! Just had to check out your Blog after seeing your great stuff over at Lil'S!

Creative Chaos said...

Wowwww Mel, you allways make me drool all over the screen !! Love that tag !!
Patti xx

Yvonne said...

Melody- I just love your work sooo much. Everything you do is so breathtakingly beautiful! Loove the colours on the tag:)
Hugs, Yvonne.

Chriss Rollins said...

please do more prple it does not look as if you struggled with it, it is gorgeous.

black n white LO love it, you have one gorgeous blog.

chriss x