23 January 2009

~ shot of the day ~

yep ~ got out today to take some pics with my new camera ~ wow..what a difference from my last camera. glad it's retired! dh and i went to english bay today and drove around stanley park X2! it was an absolutely gorgeous day out ~ and yes ~ a great day to snap those pics. i played around with the settings a got some good ones today. my fave though is the pic of the inukshuk ~ it was taken at english bay ~ while the sun was setting. i stood back just far enough to catch the sun between the rocks. love how it turned out. and the 2nd pic ~ is my dh ~ poor guy ~ i had the camera is his face all day! i promise tomorrow ~ i'll face it elsewhere. anyhoo ~ i'm definitely heading out tomorrow ~ checking out a few more sites and gettin snappy happy! hope all you chickies had a scrappy happy day ~ hugs.
Photobucket

9 comments:

ms318i said...

great pics mel.........hey bikerboy.....nice to see you ! (get the camera off her and take a few of her too) actually set the timer and snap a few together to send to me!

mel go over to sa.....have a message for you lol

Katt said...

Having fun with your new camera I see! Love those pics, that sunset is GORGEOUS!

Rica said...

Great photos Melody, the sunset is wonderful and I love the sepia treatment of DH.
In case you wondered I'm desperately trying to catch up with my commenting - I'm so far behind I'm ashamed of myself.
hugs Heather xx

Carol said...

I just love that shot. Do the rocks "mean" anything???

Dawn said...

Awesome photos Melody - Well Done!

Creative Chaos said...

Great shots, Mel !! Your hubby looks cool and think he's a real sweetheart :-)
Patti xx

Shirley said...

Love that awesome shot Mel! Have fun with your new toy and I'll be checking back for more great photos!

lisa said...

That shot is SO fantabulous!!! Iwould so frame that for my living room!! Are you?

Laura said...

Happy Birthday to you...Happy Birthday to you!...Happy Birthday to your Dear Husband!...Happy Birthday tooo Yooo!