18 February 2009

~ 2cre8art ~

whoa ~ didn't think i'd get this challenge done. yepperz
~ 2cre8art ~ has a challenge going on this month ~ creating a *fabric quiltie*. ok, this is totally out of my box. i've never ever ever created something like this before ~ and i gotta tell ya ~ whoa ~ i absolutely enjoyed it and will definitely be trying this again. everything on the quiltie is stitched. nope ~ no paper products on this one and no adhesive. the picture (and no..that's not me) was printed onto the fabric. yep ~ i put it through the printer! ACK ~ that was a lil tricky. all stitching is either machine stitched or hand stitched, as was the beads. the wings (from layers of color) were stamped, cut and handstitched. if ya get a chance chickies check out the challenges over there ~ sure does get ya thinkin *out of the box*. well ~ i'm over and out ~ i'm venturing out in that gorgeous sunshine today and takin my camera with me ~ ah..maybe i'll even get some pics! hugz
Photobucket

14 comments:

Lumpy Page Designs said...

OoOoO girl this is delicious!! I wouldn't be brave enough to try this, I can't sew a button on!! You did a beautiful job, I love the beading hanging from the bottom, that was a great touch! Beautiful colors too! Amazing work - inspiring too, I almost want to go make one but just know it'll fall apart because I can't sew not one lick, I even took classes....it's just not meant to be so I give you kudos for not only doing something outside of the norm but for totally ROCKIN' it too!!

Stempelchaotin said...

OMG this is truly amazing.
So wonderful fabric art. Love them.

Lynn said...

Gorgeous!!! Love all the details...especially the beading at the bottom. You did a beautiful job!

Melisa said...

This turned out fantastic! I bet they'll be many more in your future. I love the melz shack beads, LOL.

ms318i said...

all i have to sayis WOW............mel you outdid yourself girl.

p.s love the clock on your blog....now i'll know what time it is and if it's not too early or late to call......

Dawn said...

Wowee You''' try anything once and boy you have done a great job - it's gorgeous - Oh dear another addiction!!! LOL
I could imagine me putting that through my expensive but crap printer - I'm lucky if I can get it to take card!! It would have a melt down!!

Hugs
Dawn
xxx

deb said...

I've never seen anything so gorgeous! WOW You have a true knack for thinking outside the box. I'm truly impressed Mel - Keep cre8ing.
Hugs.

Craftyfingerz said...

it's soooooo pretty :-) absolutely loved it!

dottydotty said...

that is just lovley

TraceyT said...

I absolutely LOVE this project!!!

CLARE said...

oooh what a fabulous project, well done for getting the material through the printer, I dont think I'd dare attempt that, Beadubg is gorgeous too

Musing of a Patched Heart said...

Mel you are workin in my first love media-fabric! Isn't it fun to play with fabric and paper I even decopage paper to fabric and it is very awesome! Who knew! Great work chicky!

paper bag create said...

This is just STUNNING!!!!!!!!!!!!
I LOVE it! You did a FABULOUS job!
Smiles.

Rosie said...

It's gorgeous Mel! I can't believe you've never done one before!! So much attention to detail... it's wonderful, especially all your little danglies!!