26 October 2009

~ SCD ~ and prayers please




whohoo ~ another scrappin happy day! although it's raining, windy and a lil chilly out there...it's still a scrappin happy day! i did up that inchie for this week's challenge over at Something Completely Different. it's all about *faces* this week. check it out ladies...there's so much inspiration over there. and if ya feel like trying your hand at doing an inchie ~ we'd love you to join in! also there's a couple of christmas cards i did up this week. something simple and fun! i've been kinda pre-occupied with dh going in for his upcoming surgery. whoa...this is the 7th surgery in almost 3 years! ACK! so needless to say it's been takin up space in my head. i feel like my scrappy ability has gone out the window! can't concentrate too much on makin something big! anyhoo, he goes in thurs mornin. so...can ya all say a lil prayer for his recovery and health...it would be so appreciated. this surgery is to remove a screw that got misplaced in his shoulder when his accident happened, to clean out the rotator cuff and possibly to chip away at some bone and stretch a muscle/nerve. it's been a long haul since his initial accident and the amputation of his arm. so...yep..i'm a lil preoccupied. so with all that said ~ i won't be gettin scrappy happy for the next week or so...but, i'll be takin my laptop with me to the mainland and will be poppin in to say hi in blogland and checkin out all your beautiful creations. take care ~ and lots of hugz!

Photobucket

14 comments:

Pia said...

wow what a beautiful card, lovely colours and what a great face card

Carol said...

oh Melody sending you big hugs and hoping that your DH's surgery went ok.

Your inchie and your cards are just gorgeous..thank you for joining us at SCD this week.

Take care xx

Morti said...

sending you hugs and prayers Mel!

margaret said...

Wow Melody fabulous inchie and christmas cards. Love the colours.

Sending lots of hugs and love to you and your OH for his op. Hope he soon recovers. xx

Colleen said...

Just beautiful. I am sorry to hear about your DH for sure will keep him in my prayers.ene

AK Stamper said...

Hey Mel, What a beautiful job you did on the card!

So sorry that DH is having to go thru this.........sending healing thoughts and prayer for his upcoming surgery.

Shell~Alaska
SBS26

ms318i said...

hey there mel................

sending bikerboy the biggest aussie hug from us all..............i hope all goes well and he has a speedy recovery. and i call you in the morning (my time.........tomorrow)

miss you guys soooooooooooooooooo much....lots of love yor crazy aussies

Desire Fourie said...

Oh Melody, I am so sorry to hear about your DH. Everything of the best with the surgery, and make sure he gots loads of TLC afterwards ... which I am sure he gets all the time. Thinking of you both.
Hugs
Desire

Yvonne said...

Hi Mel!
I absolutely love your Christmas card! It`s so fun with those yummy colors!
I`m sorry to hear that your DH is having surgery...Hope everything goes well!
Big Hugs.

Gez said...

Hi Melody hope all went well for your DH. Sending healing prayers.xx

Your creations are fab. Thanks for joining us at Something Completely Different again this week. Hope to see you again soon. Gez.

katy said...

Hi Melody, i hope all goes well with D/H's surgery today..sending positive thoughts and love to you, hugs Katy xx

humel said...

I FINALLY got over here - you've left some lovely comments on my blog, I'm so sorry it's taken me so long to return the visit!

Your inchies are fab, loving your style :-)

But I'm sorry to hear about your husband - is the operation this morning, then? My thoughts and prayers are with you x

Sandie said...

Hi Mel...it's Sandie, waving atcha from the UK.
Big hugs for you and hubby, hope all is going well re his op, I wll be thinking of you both.
Your work is just so fabulous, sorry I've not been around much, now, I'm more settled emotionaly I can get back in to my crafting again.
Thank-you so much for your comments on my blog,so very much appreciated.
Thinking of you both,lots of vibes on their way to you...xx

TraceyT said...

What beautiful holiday cards!!! Lots of well wishes for your dh!