22 January 2010

SCD ~ angels



morning chickies! well..it's mornin here ~ i quess some of you may just be going to bed, depending on where you are! it's the weekend already..whoa..i feel like this week has just flown by on me! so..another week ~ which mean another challenge over at Something Completely Different! we're still on arches ~ and the theme this week is *angels*. gotta love that! for my arch ~ i sprayed green and brown glimmer mist on the background, then stamped it ~ and added some rubons. i gold embossed the edging and for the tip of the arche i stamped and gold embossed it. the angel was handcut from a collage sheet i got from artchix studio ~ and the wings were stamped from layers of color. for a final touch i added some stickles, ribbon and bling. hope you get on over to SCD and join in the challenge this week ~ we would love to come and blog visit and see what you've created, too! also, that's a card i created this week ~ based on a sketch over at SNS. have an rawkin scrappin happy week chickies!
Photobucket

18 comments:

Jeannie said...

Just discovered your blog, love all your creations, the colours are amazing. I'll be returning again soon just for inspiration.

Pia said...

wow what a beautiful creations, lovely colours and details. Wish you a nice weekend.
hugs Pia

Jenny said...

I so love your arches, This one is just stuning! Did I say congrats on making the DT? I can understand why they picked you!:-)
LOve the card as well, so pretty!
Thanks for you great comment on my blog:-)
{Hugs}

Dawn said...

Hiyaaa!
I know what you mean about the weeks flying by, it's unreal how fast time is passing..
Well this is one fantastic arch, love the placement of the angel and the border is gorgeous..
Your card is also amazing, I see you have been cutting up a storm again, so beautiful..

Have a great weekend

hugs
Dawn
xxx

mow180 said...

I found your blog through Savvy and Sassy. I love your work

Ali said...

Gorgeous work Melody!!!! Love the angel!! :)

TraceyT said...

What lovely details. I love the color combo of the last card. Gorgeous work!

margaret said...

Beautiful arch again this week Melody. Love the colours and the bling,Great shape too. Your card is fabulous too great colours.
Happy weekend.

Hugs Margaret

Riet said...

Ohhh wowwww Melody,what beautiful,i love your images and colours.
Sp gorgeous papers and details.

Hugs Riet.xx

Desire Fourie said...

Oh wow, these are gorgeous. Love the colours and its great designs too. Wishing you a wonderful Tuesday.
Hugs
Desire

Pinky said...

This are both just stunning, i wish I had your card talent!! Something abou tcards leaves me flustered!
LOVE the rich ribbon too!

joni said...

Awesome stuff chickie!!! Love everything..as I always do!!! You're amazing!

Sandie said...

Hi Mel.........it's Sandie here. Just popped over to admire your fabulous work. Wow Mel, I just love your creations. I hope to be back blogging again on a regular basis very soon.Thank-you so much for your lovely comments on my blog.
Hugs Sandie x

Artyjen said...

Great creation for the angel theme...thanks for sharing
xoxo

ms318i said...

hey mel...............this is a message for bikerboy......

'happy birthday bikerboy'
have a great day........get spoilt by that lovely wife lol

miss ya both heaps

BethieJ said...

BEAUTIFUL BEAUTIFUL BEAUTIFUL Mel!! I just ADORE both your goodies!! Thank you for coming by my blog and for all your sweet comments! Hope all is well with you and your sweet family!
((Hugs))

Mara... said...

Melody, your work is so beautiful. I can just look at each of your projects for hours. So many amazing details!! I love the butterfly on your card!

humel said...

Ack. I am SO behind with my blog visits and I missed last week's SCD challenge.... because the idea i had was too complicated so I kept putting it off! Love what you did hun xx