08 January 2010

~ SCD *new year* ~ DT NEWS


HAPPY NEW YEAR chickies ~ and happy scrappin friday! first off, i'd like to thank all you chickies who have followed my blog this past year and left such wonderful compliments ~ THANK YOU! i'm looking forward to another scrappin happy bloggin year with ya and can't wait to get visiting your blogs and seeing your creations! 2nd ~ i've got some kewl news ~ i got invited to be on the DT over at Something Completely Different ! i'm so stoked! thankx! i love doing the challenges there ~ it always get ya thinkin outside the box ~ the ladies are fabulous ~ and it's a great place to get inspiration! check it out chickies ~ and i do hope you join in! so, without further adu ~ the challenge this week at SCD is GOTHIC ARCHES with the theme *new year*. now those are so kewl to make ~ and to be honest i've never done them before ~ so it was an awesome challenge for me! for my arche ~ i placed some sticker numbers on the pp ~ then sponged the background ~ stamped-embossed the gold design around the edges ~ removed the sticker numbers ~ and embellished it with ribbon, bling and rubons... for a final touch i stamped, inked and handcut the butterflies. well, that's my goodie for today ~ hope you all have a great day and get in lots of scrappin happy time!
Photobucket

22 comments:

Clarky J said...

Hiya Hun - No wonder they picked you your stuff is AMAZING! Love this gothic arch something I keep meaning to try myself!

Yvonne Hagane said...

Hey Mel!
Happy new year!!! And congrats on you DT spot! I`m so happy for you:)
Your work is so GORGEOUS! Can`t wait to see what you`ll create this year.
Big hugs.

melody said...

thankx chickies for the lovely compliments! and congrats you've just won a RAK for being the first two complimenters of this new year! can ya email me your snail mail addys and i'll have a goodie postal to ya real soon!

hugz

Yvonne Hagane said...

OMGosh Mel, you are so sweet!!
Lucky lucky me:))

Clarky J said...

Cor how lovely! will do that staright away thanks so much!

Zoechaos said...

Wonderful its your imagination that is so awesome you see things in such a fabulous way and are so generous with your praise. Thank you for all the lovely comments left over at my place. Started to think about my arch now.

margaret said...

Hi Melody your Arch is stunning. congratulations on becominga DT member.As are all of your pieces of art.

Happy New Year to you Hun.

xx love Margaret

JuliesAddiction said...

Congrats Mel!!! You are so well deserving of being on a DT, good for them to see that and pluck you up!! Your work is seriously amazing!!

Dawn said...

Hiyaaa
Wowaaah this is gorgeous Melody - what a start, stunning background.
Hope you're well

Hugs
Dawn

Great your on the team!!

ms318i said...

hey there my crazy rv'n canadian...........(hi bikerboy) happy new year........and next time have your phones close by so you answer when i call lol miss ya both.

anyway.......gorgeous work again mel.........congrats on the DT spot......you are awesome and they are lucky to have you !!!!

looking forward to seeing all your new creations this year.......you know if you don't have any room storing them at your place, you know my addy lol xoxoxxo

love ya girl....from the aussies

BethieJ said...

Mel~ CONGRATS on the DT.. your work is FABULOUS my friend.. I will be sure to check them out!
Hope all is well.. THANKS for visiting my little blog! Happy Weekend!

Pia said...

wow what a great tag

Pinky said...

wow that is just stunning of course they want you girl, Your stuff is simply amazing and your so sweet! Love it!

Pinky said...

I just added YOU to my blog roll so I won't forget where you are at! :)

Niki_Ray said...

So So prety!!! I love the butterflies XoXo Niki_Ray

Artyjen said...

Fab arch just love the background colours and the whole look. Good luck with the DT work.
xoxo

Karen said...

Happy New Year sweet Melody! My gosh what an amazing and gorgeous arch!!! Wow girl.. you rocked it!

Have a fabulous week!

Hugs,
Karen

humel said...

Congrats, my dear - I'm not surprised 'cos your work is LOVELY and this arch is no exception xx

Mara... said...

Congrats on the DT position Melody!!! I cannot wait to see what loveliness you will be creating. I'll be stopping back for sure to check it all out!!

Cardmaking Galore said...

Just lovely

TraceyT said...

HUGE congrats on the new gig. I am not at all surprised. Happy New Year to you!

Laura - Layers of Color said...

Stunning!