05 February 2010

~ enchanting hare ~ SCD




happy scrappin friday chickies! i hope ya get a chance to pop on over to Something Completely Different we have a guest designer *chriss rollins*! i {{heart}} her work ~ she rawks! yep..she's got lots of yummy goodies to get inspiration from. for this month's challenges ~ it's all about ATCs ~ and laura has chosen the theme *march hare*! whoa..i almost froze when that was posted..ACK! i had no clue on what to do ~ and didn't have a stamp with anything that has anything..to do with rabbits or hares. so..i thumbed through a magazine and handcut out that hare..and went from there. the background of my atc was distressed with different colors of TH's distressing inks ~ the words were then stamped on top ~ i distressed ~ colored the hare..handcut the diamond pp for placement ~ the chipboard frame was colored with glimmer mist..yep..it does shimmer and shine and is raised to give a 3D effect! i added some bling and ribbon for a final touch! so come one over chickies..and give er a try ~ it sure gets ya thinkin outside the box ~ and the dt have some great inspiration to see! oh... and that's a valentine's card i did for my dh...ssshh..don't tell! well..that's it for my scrappy goodies today! i'm heading outside ~ so, i hope all you chickies have a rawkin scrappy happy day!
Photobucket

15 comments:

Jenny said...

I would`n`t have never guest that the rabbit was not a stamp! And WOW! that is goges! love the colours, everything about it is truley stunning! I never made a ATC and your is giving me the itchy feeling in my fingers LOL
Thanks for your comment on my Blog and you never know...that one might be your ;-) x

donnacr said...

Glad to see you found some creating time ! great card and the ATC is gorgeous ... love your color choices ! Cute hare too !

Artyjen said...

thanks for the inspiration.....your ATC is fab...loved the challenge :)
xoxo

humel said...

*love* that inked background!!

Pia said...

woooow what a great cards, love the colours.
hugs Pia

Carol said...

Melody gorgeous ATC! and that card is beautiful your DH is going to love it xx

peggy gatto said...

I love the colors for the hare and the image!!!
I had fun poking around your great blog!

Pinky said...

Wow that is crazy beautiful Jenny is right I would have never guessed! Love both projects! Such beautiful colors, so professional!

Chriss Rollins said...

Hiya Mel,

Thanks for such a build up and what a welcome.I am blushing.

TH background is gawgus what we have to do to complete a challenge when we dont have the right stamps...possibly took you an age to find your image...all in the name of an ATC challenge.

oh and that arch below is amazing.

look forward to seeing what you come up with for next weeks challenge.

Chriss x

Dawn said...

Hiyaaaa!!
gosh Melody you capture every theme so perfectly, your backgrounds ROCK!!!

Hugs
Dawn
xx
P.S That card is so gorgeous, hubby will love it!

ms318i said...

i'm with jenny....wouldn't have guessed it wasn't a stamp.

and bikerboy is so lucky, he always gets a great card from you.......poor arch nevers gets a card lol

Desire Fourie said...

This is gorgeous. Love the designs and colours. Wishing you a happy and loving Valentines.
Hugs
Desire

TraceyT said...

That rabbit is adorable. Love the red, what and black card. Hope you had a wonderful Vday!

BethieJ said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!! I love them both!! Hope you had a WONDERFUL Valentines Day!!
((hugs))

Suzy said...

I have just stumbled upon your blog and I wanted to tell you how much I love it. As I read some of the journaling you have done on your cards, I said out loud, "She has lived my life!" I love what you have done with your pain - your card therapy. It never occurred to me to get it out that way, so you have opened my eyes. Your coordination of paper, embellishments and theme is marvelous. Thanks so much for sharing.