16 September 2010

~ dirty scraps ~ from the moment

hiya chickies...whoa ~ is this month going fast! i can't believe summer is over ~ the kiddos are back at school ~ and the campers have disappeared! it was a great summer, but i'm so looking forward to gettin scrappy happy a lil more and enjoying the quiet! speaking of which ~ there's a new challenge up at
dirty scraps ~ and so i got scrappin and here's my take on the challenge: (do check it out ladies...it sure does get ya lookin inside yourself) i tell ya ~ doing these challenges has really been some rawkin therapy for me!
this lo is about a dear 'friend' (les) whom i have always admired.

'from the moment'

a lil bit of the detail (stamped wings from layer's of color)



the journaling reads: ...from the moment when we first met ~ you held my hand ~ you lifted me up ~ you ~ les ~ a 'gentle' man ~ a man that i will never forget ~ a man that had a huge impact on my life ~ who taught me...about life ~ who stuck with me through my roughest of times ~ who just let me 'be me ~ who would let me cry my cries and dance all my dances ~ who taught me how to be gentle ~ and about unconditional love ~ whotaught me about laughter and choices ~ and about the simple things in life ~ how to smell a rose and see beyond the colors ~ who walked beside me ~ a man who shared his inner most secrets and someone i could confide in ~ a man ~ a 'gentle' man...a true example of friendship ~ and compassion! someone who always 'took the time' for me ~ a true friend! and even though i haven't seen nor heard your voice in many years ~ your gentle voice ~ or wonder if the angels have taken you to the place you deserve ~ please know that your dedication, time and love...will always hold a special place in my heart ~ thank you for being you ~ thank you for teaching me, loving me and allowing me to be me...and know too, that i have and always will treasure our times spent together and lessons learned from the moment you stepped into my life! thank you my friend ~ thank you!
with sincere love and appreciation,

Photobucket
 HUGZ

21 comments:

Zoechaos said...

Hi Hun this is another cracker there is a softness a gentleness thats new and brings something surprising to your work. Glad to hear that the release is working for you take care xx Zoe

Colleen said...

Beautiful and what a great tribute to your honey.

You are so much talent within you, keep up the great work.

BethieJ said...

Mel this is BEAUTIFUL!! Such heartfelt journaling, and just a BEAUTIFUL STUNNING LO! Thank you for sharing with us!
THANK YOU for stopping by my blog.. your sweet comments ALWAYS make me smile.. I know we have never MET officially but I can just picture you saying those words.. and I smile when I do.. I know we would be fast friends! :) Have a FABULOUS day!!
((hugs))

Heidi McGregor said...

This is absolutely beautiful! You are an inspiration :o) Blessings!

Jodi said...

what a stunning lo!!! just gorgeous!! And your journaling is so touching! Thanks for playing along at Dirty Scraps!

thank you for your sweet and kind words left on my blog!

AmesOx said...

Wow...seriously, this is SUCH a beautiful LO and your journaling is so heartfelt and really touched my heart as I have had and lost that friend as well. Thank you for sharing a part of yourself with us at Dirty Scraps!!

Amy

Pia said...

woooow what a beautiful page

Desire Fourie said...

Absolutely beautiful Mel. The journaling is very special.

jonaks said...

oh Mel, this is so gorgeous!

Haf Scraps said...

Beautiful layout and wonderfully written! Thanks for playing along at Dirty Scraps!

ms318i said...

what a stunning page mel..............another gorgeous layout. so glad you are scrapping again.....and especially in this way...........fantastic girlie.

hugz to you and bikerboy

love ya

MaRLeNeF said...

wow so beautiful! thanks so much for playing along with DS :) xxx Marlene

donnacr said...

you rawked another one Melody ! Amazing !

Dawn said...

Awww Melody this is just amazing, and wow what wonderful words, they are so inspiring and wow what a wonderful friend that left such a mark on your life.

Hugs
Dawn
xxx

Kelly C said...

wow, this layout is stunning. I love the soft feel to it. Thanks for playing along with the dirty scraps challenge!

AK Stamper said...

Hey Melz, What a Stunning
dedication page to your friend!!!

I can see that its truly from your heart, not a only beautiful page of Art work but your writing is so heartfelt!!

Thanks so much for sharing, I look forward to seeing more....and thank you for your kind words at my blog too!

Hugs Shell~Alaska♥

Laurajean said...

Wow, this is unbelievable girl...I absolutely LOVE it :)
Thanks for playin' along with us at DirtyScraps, U rocked this challenge :)

Pinky said...

AHHHHH I did not comment what is wrong with me?!! I lve LOVE LOVE this page it speaks in volumes to me! Plus it is amazing!

TraceyT said...

Good to see you posting again. Noone does cut work like you!! Fantastic page!

humel said...

Oh, how beautiful! The detail is stunning, and the journaling is amazing, hun xx

Jackie said...

Another stunning layout and touching journalling.