29 October 2010

~ dirty scraps ~ painfully 'letting go'

hiya chickies! hope everyone has been out there gettin scrappy happy! i have! here's my lo for the newsest challenge over at dirty scraps ~ ok...i tried to create a lil apron on there ~ i am definitely NOT a sewer ~ but you get the just of what it is and the meaning behind it once you read the journaling. i also created an altered canvas ~ it's been spritzed with glimmer mist and flipped over to create inside of the canvas' back! the roses on it are handmade ~ my first attempt ~ whohoo and they turned out pretty good! also ~ i did a card using my new copics ~ ok..i'm pretty new at this copic thing ~ so bare with me while i'm learning how to use them. thanks to donna c. for 
all her tips and help.


Photobucket


the journaling reads:
since you've grown into adults and have become your own person ~ i've learned to cut those apron strings that you've held on so tight with and sometimes that i have, too. you see ~ as your mother ~ i've always wanted to protect you in hopes that you would 'never' have to experience any of the tragedies and turmoils that i've gone through ~ so i've held onto the apron strings and sheltered you and became consumed with 'your' life ~ and in life with your own fears of growing up ~ you've held on too tight. i've had to cut those strings and move on and learn to live my own life without smothering you with my opinions and the 'i think you should of's'. please know ~ i love you both ~ but you need to experience life on your own ~ you need to learn your own lessons ~ be it 'right' or 'wrong'. you need to fall down ~ and get up 'on your own' ~ you need to cry your own cries and laugh your own laughs and as adults you need to make adult decisions. and in the event of a tragedy ~ know i am here ~ supporting you and loving you. and believe me the change of moving on 'for me' hasn't been an easy road ~ but, one day ~ you'll grow up a little more~ your children will grow ~ and you will then understand. we all have to move forward in life ~ learn our own life's lessons and move on. your mother, melody
Photobucket
~ altered canvas with handmade roses ~

Photobucket
~ life is sweet ~

thanks for looking chickies
HUGZ
Photobucket

9 comments:

Pinky said...

Wow stunnninnnngggg!!!!!! Just stunning! I have no patience for making my own flowers...I wish I did but I get so aggravated when the kids come in and say MOM MOM MOM! LOL
Love the altered canvas and card too!

Donna C said...

Amazing journaling and those flowers ...... WOW !!!! Mel , the hardest thing for a Mother who loves her kids is to cut those apron stings ! Wonderful job !!!!

It has been great mentoring you on the Copics and believe me , I am NO expert so you are also learning all my mistakes ! LOL ! Such great projects from you !!!

Colleen said...

You have done it again. Man lady you are so talented. Beautiful layout and card. What great journaling.

Scrapping Down a Lane said...

Beautiful works Melody, It is a hard thing to let them go but they will return with more love and respect for you in the long run xx hang in there xx

Pia said...

wow what a beutiful layout and great cards
hugs Pia

BethieJ said...

Oh Mel I KNOW when you stop by my blog, and leave your sweet comments that you have posted something AMAZING here.. and I was not wrong! :) Just BEAUTIFUL my friend each and every project, and your journaling.. how can any mother not FEEL that.. (I know I do.. sigh. they grow so fast and you so want to keep them SAFE ALWAYS.)..((HUGS)) to you dear friend.. I hope your having a WONDERFUL weekend!!

ms318i said...

beautiful beautiful beautiful

and i love the idea of the canvas.........altering it from the inside !

Dawn said...

OMG Melody amazing, breathless work. I love the layers and flowers sooo beautiful!


Hugs
Dawn
xoxo

paper bag create said...

MEL....the altered canvas is just STUNNING!!!!!!!!!!!! Love it!!!
Beautiful work!
Smiles. :)