02 October 2010

~ dirty scraps ~ dedicated to: ~


hiya chickies! whoa...dh and i have been away for two weeks ~ sure is nice to be home ~ and gettin scrappy happy! it was hard not havin my goodies with me ~ ACK! anyhoo ~ we got home last night and i pulled out my 'stuff' and just had to play. ah......that felt good! was up this mornin at 6 am to finish this off. this lo is for the new challenge over at dirty scraps. check it out chickies..we'd love for you to come and play. i used prima papers for this lo.......wuv handcuttin all those goodies. so...without further adu...here's my lo: 'dedicated to my scrappin friends...really (sorry for the crappy pics..i'm havin camera issues this mornin)



jouranling card


the journaling reads:
i cannot even begin to tell you just how appreciative we've been ~ the support my husband and i have been so freely given by everyone i've met in the scrappin world. 31/2 years ago when my husband had his accident and had his arm amputated...our world changed in an instant and it was my scrappin friends that supported us the most. it was the worst time of our lives...and to be honest ~ the company he worked for ...didn't even acknowlege him ~ didn't even send a card ~ and still to this day...no response. it angers me...and yet saddens me. i mean..like..'really'. how sad is that! i've carried so much hurt over their lack of acknowledgement...and must admit it is hard to 'let go'...but, if it wasn't for my scrappin friends, the cards, the encouragement, the love, the flowers ~ sent even from around the world ~ the unconditional love ~ i don't know if i could have held on as long as i have. so, 'really'... this is for my scrappin friends...each of you ~ 'just for being there' ~ 'just for being you' ~ for holding my hand ~ for talking me through all my hubands surgeries ~ for holding 'out' your hand ~ for holding me up when i was fallen down..for encouraging me to continue scrappin...for just loving 'us'...for being there online..for phoning ~ for your unconditional time...'really' you all hold a special place in our hearts...and 'we' thank you.
 HUGZ

Photobucket

15 comments:

AK Stamper said...

Hey Melz, This is awesome and I know it comes from the deepest part of your heart!
Tho this time frame was before I became your sister.......I'm still sending you & hubby hugs that will surround you both with lot of love.

Keep up the great scrapping & sharing!
Hugs Shell~Alaska♥
SBS26

Jackie said...

I'm glad that I could be there for you when you were hurting so bad. Sure hope things get a bit easier as time goes by. Would like to wring a little something out of that company though.. won't say what cause it isn't polite.

Donna C said...

Beautiful layout Mel ! Your journaling is so touching as well ! Where would we be without our scrappy friends as they seem to stick by us no matter what when the rest of the world seems to forget !

hugs to you and your DH and maybe some day we will meet somewhere OTHER then cyberspace and share that campfire !

Desire Fourie said...

Oh wow Melody, this is truly a piece of fine art. Just loving the girly summer colours and all those little details to feast one's eyes on. Just too beautiful.
Hugs
Desire

ms318i said...

g'day mel and bikerboy........you crazy canadians
mel gorgeous layout and beautiful journalling........i can't believe it's been that long.......the accident........also our friendship.........but also the chatting..........it's been a while and i'm sure the tim tam supply is nearly down lol
love ya heaps .....both of you.......
your crazy aussies

~Daniel said...

Mel, this is SO gorgeous!!!!!!!! Just amazing! :) You folks deserved every ounce of support you rec'd- and KUDOS to you both for doing SO WELL in managing thru all this! Beautiful LO ((HUGZ))-Ali

Pinky said...

Ok first of all, I was not around when this happened but it touches my heart so much. It is a STUNNING LO and the words are so amazing. Your penmanship is beautiful too!
Thanks for playing, I feel so blessed to see your work on Dirty Scraps

Haf Scraps said...

What an amazing creation! I'm happy you found support in fellow crafty women. A terrific blessing for you! Thanks for submitting this into the Dirty Scraps challenge! I look forward to seeing your layouts in our challenges. - Holly

Colleen said...

Beautiful. Girl you just have so much talent not only in your head but in your hands.

Patti H said...

stunning. the scrapping community really is an amazing group. beautiful layout

Michelle said...

Ohhh Soooo beautiful Mel, sheer delight you must have had such precious moments creating it.
Much Love
Michelle

Laurajean said...

WoW, what a beautiful and powerful layout....LOVE everything on here...U ROCKED this challenge girl ;)
Thanks for playin' along with us at DirtyScraps ;)

Dawn said...

Awww Melody
It sure is a great community we belong to and i know what you mean, the littlest word the tiniest bit of encouragement from a crafty friend can just make a crappy day bearable....
I love your layout, the cutting is just amazing - so detailed.
Continue being the stong lady that you are...

Hugs

Dawn
xoxo

Pia said...

wooow beautiful layout.Wish you a nice sunday
hugs Pia

deb said...

mel I don't get on the computer that much these days but you know that I think of you and bikerboy often. I know what a release the stamping has been for you and I'm so glad that those few years ago I was able to get you started stamping. : ) Who knew that you would become such an accomplished stamper. WOW I am in awe of your talent. Miss you. hugs