20 October 2011

~ TIOT AND sweet sketch wednesday #124 ~

wowza...this week has gone by fast ~ but...i can't complain ~ the weather has been beautiful and we've managed to get in a few campfires and enjoy some sunshine and fresh air ~ along with friends ~ and a whole lotta laughter!
...and i even managed to escape ~ pop on over to my two favorites blog challenges and do a little creating ~ whohoo!
for my 1st creation ~ try it on tuesday's challenge this week is 'taking to the skies'...interpretated anyway you want. whoa..i had to think a little on that one....but came  up with another tag this week using some of  my older stamps that have collected a bit of dust on them...
for my 2nd creation ~ sweet sketch wednesday has another fabulous sketch. i love popping over there and challenging myself to see what i can  create using the sketches. and...i even got another christmas card done to boot! bonus!  and whoa..that image too a while to  handcut...those little lights are TI..NY! ack! the image is placed on pop dots to give a 3D effect...
both blogs have fabulous inspiration by the dt! hope ya get a chance to pop on over and give the challenges a try! come on...i dare ya!

'taking to the skies...and soar' (tag)
Photobucket
'merry christmas' 
 Photobucket
details
thanks for popping by and leaving some lovin
please know it is appreciated!

Photobucket
and hugz

17 comments:

mulberry station said...

Hi melody, I love your tag and your card is fantastic. I love your color combo and fun papers too. It is hard to know what to say sometimes because your cards are always so perfect. I can't wait to see them each week. I hope you are enjoying the beautiful weather. Such a great time to be camping.
Hugs, Nancy SSW-DT

PatR said...

Fantastic tag and it's just perfect for the TioT challenge this week. Thank you for joining us and for leaving me such kind comments. BTW love your coll card too. xx

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Two beautiful creations.

Michelle's Blog and Cards said...

aawww melody your work is beautiful. I love both the tag and the card. The colours and embellishments are so shabby chic and very pretty. thanks for sharing with us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday - Michelle DT x

The Stamper's Touch said...

Three cheers for getting another Christmas card done!!! And it's gorgeous Melody!! Love everything about it! Thanks for joining us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

Linda

Yvonne Garner said...

Hi Melody! Thanks so much for dropping by my blog with kind words on my TioT card. I love you tag! So well done. Your Christmas card is adorable! Just finished my prototype earlier this week. Need to get hopping! Best, Yvonne

inkypinkycraft said...

Wow thanks for the wonderful comment you have left me, I have to say your tag is WONDERFUL!!! The colours are delicious . I love it hugs trace x

Brenda Brown said...

Both great pieces Melody. I love the tag particularly with such a fabulous image and amazing colours.
Thanks for visiting me and leaving a lovely comment.
Have a great weekend.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

Donna C said...

BEAUTIFUL as usual Mel and I am happy to see you escape into your art again ! love to see all your creations and inspiration !!!! Sorry I have been MIA for a bit ....... computer problems but hopefully they have been resolved !!! Keep creating and enjoy the Fall as Winter is not that far away !!! Booo , hissssss !!!!!! LOL !

TTYS ! D :-)

Shell~AK Stamper said...

Wow Melz, you have done it again making some wonderfully beautiful projects!

Glad that you've had the chance to get out before the weather turns.

Shell~Alaska♥

Jeannie said...

He's so cute and the flowers and pearls are beautiful! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

Peace & Luv,
Jeannie

Pia said...

Hi melody, what a wonderful cards, lovely image
hugs pia

Patti P. said...

Melody, what a wonderful tag and such perfect images!! Your card is lovely, can't believe you cut out those lights, great job! I appreciate your visits to my blog each week and love seeing what you have created.
So glad you could play along at Sweet Sketch Wednesday this week.

Hugs, Patti SSW/DT

Sharon Basel said...

Wow Melody, another beautiful card. This time you've outdone yourself - incredible details and I can't believe your perfect cutting, especially around those lights. The lace is absolutely gorgeous encircling the oval panel and touched off with those wonderful pearls too. Fabulous card and take on the sketch. Thanks for sharing this beautiful card with us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday!

Arabella said...

Gorgeous projects Melody! That tag is so vintage cute and your Christmas card is fab! Beautiful colours!

Arabella

Kathie said...

Wow Melody, I love your tag very well done. But I just adore your Christmas card, great image and such wonderful colours love that red and green together. Reminds me of me with the Christmas lights. I do love your cards. Great job and thanks so much for sharing your card with us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday and good luck.
Hugs
Kathie SSW-DT

Arlana said...

Such a sweet Christmas card. Love your embellishments.Thanks for your sweet comments that you leave me. Have a sweet day! Arlana@SSW!!!