17 November 2011

~ a snowy crafty day ~ TIOT ~ SSW #128

happy scrappy snowy day chickies! YEP...it's been snowing that white stuff here...on and off all day! it's so pretty! i quess it's time for me to except winter is finally here,
 dig out my winter clothes and snuggle up! 
so...with that said...i've been staying in ~ got  the fireplace going and got scrappin happy! 
 my 1st creation is for try it on tuesday ~ who's theme this week is 'wish you were here' ~ anything goes! i altered a set of dominos...that was fun! i haven't done that i quite a while and it was sure fun playing with some of my goodies that have been stashed away for quite some time! my card was created using another great sketch from 
sweet sketch wednesday. arlana sure does have some awesome sketches ~ i love the challenge of trying to create a card using them. thanks again to all the dt at both blogs who have such great inspiration! oh..and sorry for the pics  ~ that white stuff outside is not helping with clearness...
which reminds me: i still gotta take a pic of my bench! i decided on white instead of red!
(that way i can use it in the rv ~ if i change my mind)
Photobucket
'wishing you were here'
(altered dominos)
these are my new fridge magnets ~ kewl eh!
the background colors were created with my copic markers
i then stamped the lettering ~ handcut the images and words for placement and put on modpodge for a sealant ~ then added the bling and lace along the edges
Photobucket
'dec 25'
(based on arlana's sketch)
Photobucket
 details
thanks for visiting

hope everyone has a rawkin 'SUNNY' week!
Photobucket
and hugz


15 comments:

mulberry station said...

I love your fridge magnets. They are so cute. Your card for SSW is gorgeous....I know, I say it every week. But, it is true. Your work is exceptional. Thanks for joining us and always stopping by to comment on my blog. I really appreciate it.
Hugs, Nancy

xxNikkixx said...

wow your fridge magnets are amazing...love your card too...thatnks for joining us TIOT this week hugs Nikki xxx

Pia said...

wow so wonderful tags and card
have a nice weekend
hugs Pia

Genevieve said...

Hi Melody! Hope you are well. I have to agree with Nancy your creations are exceptional. The magnets are fab & your card 'WOW' Thanks for playing along with us this week @ Sweet Sketch Wednesday :)

Genevieve DT

Kathie said...

Hi Melody, snow already!!! I was at my sons Cricket game scoring yesterday and I got a little wind and sun burn and I had sunblock on. I love love your fridge magnets very cute. Your card for SSW is totally gorgeous as normal. I adore that green colour Rose you used I have a few but don't want to used them as they are my very favourite colour ha ha ha. Lovely image and wonderful colours you go girl. I love every little detail. Awesome job and thanks for sharing your card with us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday and good luck. Have a wonderful week.
Hugs
Kathie SSW-DT.

Nicola said...

Amazing creations Melody, just love your fridge magnets and wowza gal this card is awesome - your colouration is fabulous.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

Shell~AK Stamper said...

Oh so adorably cute! wonderful job on your art, but especially adore the card Melz!

Shell~Alaska♥
P.S. STAY WARM!

Arabella said...

Wow! I LOVE your fridge magnets! What a great idea! Gorgeous card too! Have a lovely snow day!

Arabella

The Stamper's Touch said...

Absolutely stunning Melody! I love that hint of sparkly blue on her outfit! Another gorgeous creation. Thanks for joining us this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

Linda

Jeannie said...

Fantastic holiday card! Lovin' all of the pearls and glittery bling as usual! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

Peace & Luv,
Jeannie

Sharon Basel said...

Wowzer girl this card is absolutely amazing and totally gorgeous as usual. The touch of turquoise with the olive and red is just beautiful and your composition with the image and all the pretty red rhinestones and pearls just make this magnificent. I'm loving those decorated domino magnets too. Your talent just amazes me Melody. Thanks for sharing it with us week after week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday!
Hugs,
Sharon:)

Ildiko said...

WOW what a fab work, thanks playing along with TioT this week
hugs
Ildiko

Patti P. said...

Melody, this card is stunning...I love all of the text you've used on the card and your color palette is fabulous!!! This is just a gorgeous design, may be my fave of yours. Those dominos are lovely, I have never done those before. Thanks for sharing with us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday this week.

Patti SSW/DT

Arlana said...

Oh Melody, I love your sweet magnets. I knew they were made from dominos. I love your card. you just always amaze me with your sweet talent. Your cards are always gorgeous. Love all the special detail you add to your cards. Have a sweet day. Thanks for playing along and for your sweet comments on my blog. HUGS Arlana

Donna C said...

AMAZING creations Mel ! Can't say enough about them but * gush * over them !!! So happy to see you really have been creating beautiful work again !!!! Love the Sarah Kaye image and what you have done with her ! BEE-U-TIFUL !!!!