01 December 2011

....ah ~ a great week with some creating, too!

happy scrappy thursday everyone! 
well...after a busy week and a half here...i was able to get out my scrappy goodies yesterday and do a lil creating! i've had company from out of town (dh's aunt and uncle from across canada) ~ and been busy working on the rv ~ so my goodies have been tucked away and just beggin to come out and play! funny how a week or so can go by ~ when life gets in the way ....how much we miss our creative time ~ i sure did! i missed seeing everyone's creations and participating in the 
challenges ~ but...i'm here now!

for try it on tuesday's challenge this week...it's all about altering a can. i love altering ~ so it was a perfect challenge for me! dh and i had some canned corn with our sup...so instead sending it to recycling ~ i created my altered can for a few of my copics! why waste a good thing eh! 
 i think it turned out pretty kewl!

detail 
Photobucket
...and of course ~ i created another card using a great sketch #130 ~ created by arlana over at sweet sketch wedesday. thanks again chickie! i colored and handcut another sarah kay image ~ isn't she a doll!
Photobucket
oh...and speaking of altering ~ i altered a set of clothes pins! kewl eh! i'm gonna use these to hang my christmas cards this year ...instead of just hanging them on a piece of boring string. ah...this should spice it up a bit!  it's a great project and takes no time at all to create. 
hope you find some inspiration.
side view
Photobucket
thanks so much for popping by and leaving some loving! it is so apprecitated!
hope everyone has a fabulous week!
Photobucket
and hugz

20 comments:

Meggymay said...

Great altering, they are all gorgeous pieces. Your tin is fantastis, thankyou for joining us at TioT's this week.
Yvonne

The Stamper's Touch said...

Wow Melody, you have been busy! And what gorgeous creations you've made!!! I hear ya about missing your crafting time. That's why I can't wait for everyone to go to bed so I have some peace and quiet to play!! Thanks for joining us this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

Linda

mulberry station said...

Wow, melody. You have been very busy making some amazing project. They are all so beautiful.. I hope all is well in your part of the world.
Hugs, Nancy SSW-DT

Neil said...

Such lovely projects; thanks for entering our Altered can challenge over at Try it on Tuesday. I think your pegs are fab too!
Thanks for popping over to my blog too. Your kind words mean a lot. Neil

Kathie said...

OMG Sister, you have been busy even if you had visitors. Everything as usual is just beautiful. Love your tin, your card is amazing and your pegs (we call them clothes pegs in NZ)are so pretty what a wonderful idea. Love your colours papers and images just great. Thanks for sharing your wonderful creations and idea's with us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday and have a great weekend.
Hugs
Kathie SSW-DT

Pia said...

wauuuw so wonderful projects, lovely details
hugs pia

Genevieve said...

Melody your creations just blow me away, each time I visit your blog I'm literally drooling lol! Fab work. Thanks so much for joining us @ Sweet Sketch Wednesday :)

Genevieve DT

Shell~AK Stamper said...

What a Fabulous job on your Altered Art Melz!
The sweet little girl card with her puppy is sooo shabby chic! Love it!

Shell~Alaska♥

PatR said...

Wow Melody what an amazing tin, I just love it! Thank you for entering the TioT challenge this week and for your kind comments on my blog. xx

Bee and Dee said...

Thank you for taking part in TIOT challenge. It's a wonderful project. Hugs Bee

Evil Edna said...

really like the tin but ADORE the pegs wonderful and useful.EE

Michelle's Blog and Cards said...

Hi Melody - your work is so beautiful and wonderfully shabby chic/vintage. I really love all your makes and all the colours and embellishments that you have chosen. Michelle x

Patti P. said...

Melody, I so love visiting with you each week and this week's projects are stunning, can't decide which I love the most! Your can is beautiful with a gorgeous image beautifully colored. Love those clothespins, will need to give this a try! Your card for SSW this week is one of my faves....love the vintage look you've created with the sketch this week. Thanks so much for your kindness concerning my friend, I really appreciate it!
Have a wonderful week,
hugs, Patti SSW/DT

Sharon Basel said...

Melody your card is fabulous! I love all the dimension on it and so many beautiful things to stare at and absorb. Just stunning. I also have to say that the clothes pins are gorgeous too and thanks for the inspiration. Always good to see your work at Sweet Sketch Wednesday!
Hugs,
Sharon :)

Jeannie said...

Fabulous projects and a gorgeous card created again this week with our sketch! Love the beautiful butterflies and pearls! Thanks so much for joining us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

Peace & Luv,
Jeannie

Ildiko said...

What a gorgeous tin. I can see you've been busy bee, everything is jusst FAB. Thanks playing along with TioT this week
hugs
Ildiko

Michelle said...

Awww melody this is such a lovely altered tin, sooo pretty and love your clothes pegs too, you've been busy creating beautiful things. Thanks for joining us again and for your wonderful comments on my blog
x Michelle

Desire Fourie said...

Loving the Festive pegs and its a great idea to hang up those precious Xmas cards with.
Hugs
Desire

Arlana said...

Your card is so beautifully done. I am loving that image and the fablous embellishments. Hugs Arlana@SSW!!!

Jona Panesa said...

wow, my dear! this is really gorgeous! loved it! I love altering too.