08 December 2011

'christmas spirit' ~ ssw 131

ah...the countdown is on! christmas ~ only 17 days away! 
and i've definitely been into the 'christmas spirit'!
 this past week ~ i've put up our tree ~ decorated ~ shopped ~ baked ~ wrapped pressies...wrapped, baked... shopped...and decorated! i made some homemade 'peanut butter cups', 'sweet fudge' and my fave ~ 'butter tarts'.  yummy! ok...now all i have to do is make sure those goodies stay hidden in the freezer so they don't disappear all too soon! i see dh sneak peeking one too many times! 
i also created another card using a sketch created by arlana
over at sweet sketch wednesday 
whohoo ~ another christmas card ~ done! (sorry for the card pics ~ it's really frosty out this morning ~ and i'm still in my pj's trying to snap pics...it was a quick one! bbrrr!)

'merry christmas' card and wrapped pressie
can ya tell i like 'lacey' things!
 this is how i wrapping my christmas pressies this year ~ just a lil bit of tissue paper or brown postal paper  ~ a paper doily ~ some rafia as the ribbon ~ twirled the ends ~ then added a pinecone or bell decoration! i love how it looks! so easy peasy and it really does look beautiful IRL!

here's our christmas tree all lite up
here's a few of the ornaments
i went with a country theme this year
i made all the bows from a roll of ribbon
~ gotta love the lantern ~
merry christmas ornament ~ pinecone ~ and plaid bauble

thanks for popping by and leaving some lovin!
hope this week brings you lots of 'christmas spirit', too
Photobucket
and hugz

12 comments:

Kathie said...

Hi Mel, thanks so much for sharing what you have been up to this week and your lovely photo's. You have been a busy little cherub. I've decorated, and baked still have so more presents to buy!!! And 40 windows and french doors to clean inside.......I love your card and I adore how you have used the paper doily as your circle what a good idea I'm going to save that one up for a rainy day. Love your colours and awesome image. Great card as usual take care and thanks for joining us this week at SSW and good luck.
Hugs
Kathie
xox

mulberry station said...

I love your package idea Melody. You have been very busy this week. It is so fun to see others christmas trees, etc. I have started my baking too. I have a couple of gifts to get in the mail and I think I am close to being done. Your card is precious. I love the doily in the background. Your image is colored beautifully. have a good week.
Hugs, Nancy

Colleen said...

Mel, that card is just beautiful. I love your tree, what a great idea.

The Stamper's Touch said...

Absolutely fabulous creation Melody! Love your image and those bows with the flowers along the side - stunning! Thanks for joining us this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

Linda

Patti P. said...

Mel, how fun that you are sharing your Christmas with all of us...I would love to get a package wrapped up like that and your lantern is so pretty! I have some large ones that I decorate with all year long. Your card this week is gorgeous. Her cheeks look rosey from the brr chill! That is such a pretty sentiment. So much fun visiting and seeing your tree this week. Thanks for playing with us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

hugs, Patti SSW/DT

Jeannie said...

Such a lovely and sweet creation again this week! That green lace is just beautiful. Thanks so much for joining us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

Peace & Luv,
Jeannie

Sharon Basel said...

Beautiful card Melody. I love that wonderful image, especially with that dear sweet thing perched on the bench. The lace bows with rose centers are gorgeous embellies. Love your Christmas tree too! Thanks for joining us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday!
Sharon, SSW-DT

Jona Panesa said...

oh Mel, loved your card and your handmade decors. and congrats on your publication!!! so happy for you my dear!

Desire Fourie said...

Loving the beautiful Xmas card and especially the pine cone finishing touch. Your tree is gorgeous. I have also just put up our tree this morning, the first time in 4 years as we have always been away for Xmas.
Hugs
Desire

Jacki Randolph said...

Absolutely Gorgeous Mel!! Love the colors and the details! Thanks for playing along with us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday

Shell~AK Stamper said...

OMG the card is so yummy I just love the magnolia stamps!
You've got some wonderful Christmas Spirit and yes I needed a little boost with being so busy this month.

Blessing to you and yours....Merry Christmas!

Shell~Alaska♥

Arlana said...

Oh I am just loving your SWEET card. You really did a super job on coloring up your image. I love your Christmas tree too. Hugs and thanks for sharing, Arlana@SSW!!!