29 January 2012

unscripted sketches

hiya chickies! hope you're havin a sunny scrappy happy day...in your part of the world. it's another rainy day here in paradise! yep ~ i'm thinkin i had better find those rubber boots and umbrella ~ i'm beginning to feel like a duck! anyhoo ~ i found an awesome sketch challenge yesterday...'unscripted sketches'. thought i'd jump in and play. there's some scrumptious inspiration there by the dt and there's such a variety of takes on the sketch...i like that! so...here's my card for the challenge. notice...no mags...no sarah kay...whoa...that's different for me ~ but, you know how much i wuv my flowers and lacey ribbon!
here's the sketch
...and here's my take on it
i stamped and handcut the butterfly and roses...
the details
...have yourself an awesome week chickies! and if you have some sunshine to spare...send some my way! i'm dying for some 'spring' weather...so i can get out and plant some flowers!
HUGZ

14 comments:

Zoe Sanderson said...

WOW Mel this is absolutely divine love it to bits XOXO Zoe

Shell~AK Stamper said...

Fabulous card Mel, love all the embellishments!

Shell~Alaska♥

Donna C said...

LOVE THIS ! Great job Mel and it is hard to step away from Mags and Sarah Kaye as they are so adorable ! LOL !

Desire Fourie said...

Gorgeous.
Hugs
Desire

Linda Beeson said...

This is such a pretty card! LOVE those flowers and it is a great use of the Unscripted sketch.

Geri said...

Your card is stunnig Melody! I love the combo of distressed edges & lace - kind of like oil & water, but your combo totally works! Love the bow and the flowers also! Thanks so much for sharing your lovely creation with us this week at Unscripted Sketches! Please visit us again next week for another fun sketch :)

Pia said...

wow so beautiful card
hugs Pia

dstandard said...

Such a gorgeous card! Love your take on the sketch! Thanks for playing at Unscripted Sketches!

Yvonne Hagane said...

Hi Mel!
What at beautiful card! Flowers and butterflies - two of my favorite things :) Great colors as well! Have a wonderufl weekend:)
Hugs

Tracey said...

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving such a lovely comment, I am glad you liked my card. I just can't get enough stitching on my cards, I just love how it looks.
Love your card and really like how you stamped and then cut out the images. Great take on the sketch too.
love me :-)

Pia said...

OM what a wonderful card
hugs Pia

Pinky said...

Wow girl this is simply stunning!!!! :) I was going over my blog roll this morning and thought OMG I Have to check Mel out! LOL As always it is a breath of fresh air!

loes de groot said...

well done! love your card : )))

Jona Panesa said...

i love your card Mel!!! its so gorgeous!!!