25 January 2012

whohoo ~ i actually got to play!

yep...that's right chickies ~ i actually have been doing a 'lil' bit of playing with my goodies. life has been getting in the way lately...so...i had to put a halt to everything...and take some 'me' time! for my card ~ i used this week's 
sketch #138 over at  
sweet sketch wednesday
i played with my new sarah kay stamp dh got me for christmas and those beautiful flowers. 
aren't they... just scrumptious!

BOOKMARK

ALSO
i've been doing a lil bit of kniting...juz for fun ~ using up some scraps of wool. i made these lil 'comfort dolls'. they're so easy peasy to make and a good way to up cycle those left over balls of wool. so without further adu i'd like you to meet
'BERTHA AND BOBBIE'

well ~ that's all the scrappy creative goodies for now. i'm heading outside today for a campfire and some fresh air. we had a wicked storm last night...and we got some cleanup outside to do, too! yikes...there's a whole lotta branches and trees down ~ BUT , we're safe and that's what counts! have a great week everyone!
hugz xoxo

13 comments:

Arlana said...

Melody your card is so adorable. Sorry you don't have a printer. I love digis so I could'nt live with out one. When we first started using them I wondered. But now I am hooked and rarley uses all my stamps. We feel it is important to help out our sponsors since they are so generous to us. Hope you have a sweet day!!! HUGS Arlana@SSW!!!

Heide said...

Melody,
You color is just wonderful on this card. The blue is so bright. Lovely flowers too. Glad you could join in on the sketch, just a reminder our rules have changed here at Sweet Sketch Wednesdays.
Hugs, Heide SSW-DT

sweetbloominscraps said...

Hello Melody, Your card is gorgeous as always! Hope you can get a printer soon! Hope your b-day is just around the corner! I know you will love the digis! Thanks for joining us!
Hugs, Judi SSW DT

mulberry station said...

Wow melody, another gorgeous card. I love the detail work you have used in your card. It is beautiful. Your cards are always amazing. Thanks for joining us.
Hugs, Nancy

Desire Fourie said...

Gorgeous little card Meledoy not to speak of the cute little knitted couple. Glad you are keeping well.
Hugs
Desire

Colleen said...

Those cards are just beautiful, love the bookmark as well. Those little dolls are just so cute.

Have a great day.

Pia said...

wow so beautiful card
hugs Pia

Patti P. said...

Melody, so glad you played anyway, I would miss seeing your cards. This is a beautiful Sarah Kay, I have one that I need to ink up. Your bookmark is so pretty, need to do more of those. You made a cute couple out of your scraps. You are a very talented lady.
Thanks for joining in at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.
hugs...Patti SSW/DT

Genevieve said...

Big 'wow' from me Melody!! Another stunning creation. I absolutely adore the pearls around the oval. Thanks for joining us @ Sweet Sketch Wednesday :)

Genevieve DT

The Stamper's Touch said...

A gorgeous card Melody! Such stunning coloring of this sweet stamp and many wonderful embellishments. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

Linda

Jeannie said...

Adorable card as usual and your little knitted people are super cute! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

Peace & Luv,
Jeannie

Kathie said...

Hi girlfriend so glad you joined us anyway other I would have withdrawal symptoms from your cards. I just adore your cards I always love your colours and awesome embellishments and I have a soft spot for Tilda. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday this week.
Hugs Kathie
SSW-DT

Donna C said...

Another beautiful card Mel ! I love my stamps and ink and use very few digis! Still not 100% sold on them .... printer or not !

Love your little comfort dolls ! They are adorable ( and something my Mother used to make as well ! )
We all need some ME time especially when ink is involved :)